SAFE WORKING ENVIRONMENTS
It is the policy of Curtis Drilling Company to provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for all employees, and that a condition of safety consistent with applicable federal, state, and local safety codes is maintained on all Curtis Drilling Company projects and worksites.
Curtis Drilling Company is a firm believer that Safety is the Number One priority on every project and performs accordingly. A respectable Experience Modification Rate (EMR), as shown below, confirms our commitment to the safety of all employees.
Experience Modification Rate (EMR)
Curtis Drilling Company maintains and promotes an aggressive safety program with full time partnership with SMART Safety Group who’s Safety Managers are our Safety Directors on all projects. Smart Safety Group oversees every aspect of Curtis Drilling’s Safety program.
Curtis Drilling in accordance with state and local guidelines is fully licensed and insured. We as a standard also carry $10,000,000 million coverage on General Liability insurance.
PROMOTING SAFETY DAILY THROUGH
- Weekly jobsite safety meetings
- Regular inspections and jobsite audits
- Employee safety one on one interaction
- Monthly safety business meetings
One of the most important parts of the Curtis safety program is enforcement and monitoring by the on-site superintendent. Each of Curtis Drilling’s superintendents has extensive training including OSHA regulations, minimal safe practices for construction, CPR & First Aid and many additional certifications with direct correlation to the construction & drilling industry.
Some specific steps that will be implemented before and during projects will include but not be limited to:
- Daily safety monitoring by Curtis Drilling’s on-site superintendent and regular jobsite audits during the project by Smart Safety Group.
- Visits to the project site on a regular basis by Curtis Drilling’s Safety Director and Smart Safety Group’s Safety Manager to monitor compliance of safety regulations.
- Implementation of on-site safety awareness for all key field supervisors and personnel.
- Inclusion of safety as a standard review item in each job progress meeting.
- Implementation of an ongoing review, evaluation and inspection program directed toward preventing accidents and abating hazards.
Curtis Drilling Company is committed to making each jobsite safe and strives to make each project 100% accident free.