Curtis Drilling is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries, company paid insurance benefits, 401K, bonus program, sick and paid vacation. At Curtis Drilling we are constantly seeking to hire honest, dedicated, hardworking individuals who are looking for a career in the foundation drilling and earth retention industry.
We primarily work in Southern California, however our work typically requires travel throughout that area and often further during the week. If these principles interest you and you are looking for a company dedicated to providing a safe work environment, we invite you to consider a career at Curtis Drilling. Curtis Drilling is a non-union employer.
Although we may not currently have openings for the positions posted below, we are always looking for experienced people, to join the Curtis Drilling team as they fit depending on qualifications and current workload.
Driving and operating of Curtis Drilling concrete pumps of various concrete boom lengths, including trailer pump applications. You should also have knowledge of heavy, diesel-powered truck operations including federal, state and local regulations; knowledge of use, repair and maintenance.
- Pre-Trip inspection of concrete pumps pursuant to DOT regulations.
- Fills water tank before each project by placing rubber hose into water tank and filling after checking that all valves are shut.
- Take most direct route to job site to ensure on time service.
- Safely drive concrete pump into site and works with project foreman to setup pump in a safe manner.
- Pump concrete in a safe manner.
- Upon completion, operator will clean out pump systems in the project where desired by project foreman, in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Keep Project Foreman informed as to the status of projects via cellular phone.
- Prior to leaving of site, driver is responsible for completing all paperwork for project.
- Operator is expected to perform a post trip inspection of the concrete pump pursuant to DOT regulations and the communications with maintenance requirements as necessary.
- Operator may be asked to work or clean on pump, assist at the project site or other related duties.
Class B Driver License, with clean MVR. Preferred current certification from American Concrete Pumping Association (ACPA) test. Applicants for positions in this class are required to pass a drug screening test.
1 year min of concrete pump operating experience. Knowledge of construction practices in the foundation drilling industry. Ability to perform light maintenance on concrete pump equipment is an advantage.
Operate hydraulic track, rough terrain crane, or lattice boom crawler for loading materials, machines, or placement of various sized steel cages and steel beams as needed.
- Daily checks of annual and quad certification
- Daily inspects crane for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
- Determines load weights: includes checking weights against lifting capacities; works to prevent equipment overload.
- Uses hoisting attachments such as hook, sling, electromagnet, or bucket as load requires.
- Uses critical lift plan checklist and signs off on completion.
- Work Ethic: Dedicated and hard working
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal communication and team work skills are necessary as proper completion of an assigned job and working safe will be highly dependent upon this ability.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, operating and /or safety manuals, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Flexibility: Ability to work in a number of diverse locations is pertinent, as work locations may change daily and with a teamwork attitude.
CCO Certified Crane Operator. Applicants for positions in this class are required to pass a drug screening test.
1 year min of crane operating experience. Knowledge of construction practices in the foundation drilling industry. Ability to perform light maintenance on crane equipment is an advantage.
Negotiable - depending on certificates and experience in the foundation drilling industry.
Persons required to operate drilling units, mounted on truck or crawler track, to drill holes for foundations: Raises and lowers boom to specified angle for drilling. Swings boom, controls hoist drums, raises and lowers drill, hoists drill bit, casing, and reinforcement steel into position, and controls rotary table that the drives drill.
- Operate tracked or truck-mounted drill equipped with auger or other attachment to drill holes for various applications
- Ensure that safety procedures are observed
- Follow written and verbal instructions pertaining to job site preparation and work procedures
- Read and understand foundation/shoring plans
- Observe pressure gauge and move throttles and levers in order to control the speed of rotary tables, and to regulate pressure of tools at bottoms of boreholes.
- Monitor progress of drilling operations, and select and change drill bits according to the nature of strata.
- Maintain and adjust machinery in order to ensure proper performance
- Work setting: outdoors, noisy and dusty
- Must be familiar with large diameter drilling, and mechanically inclined is a must
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work well with others. Be able to perform other duties if needed while on project site in the spirit of "team work".
- Willingness to travel in performing drilling work for short periods throughout the State; with physical ability sufficient to perform the essential daily duties of the job
Class B Driver License (for touch drill applications), with clean MVR; Applicants for positions in this class are required to pass a drug screening test.
1 year min experience as a foundation drill operator; Knowledge with the use of various drills such as, Soilmec, Mait, Lodril, Watson, Spiradrill, and TesCar. Ability to operate and do maintenance and mechanical work on these is an advantage as well as knowing how to operate in differing subsurface conditions.
Perform many tasks that require great physical strength. A General Laborer will assist the driller in drilling needs and or be a shed to do various other tasks that are needed within our scope of work to complete the project. Work is outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Assists in the mobilization of drilling equipment as directed.
- Assists in drilling operations, handling needs of Driller, and project site.
- Assists Driller whenever necessary
- Performs and assists with maintenance of equipment and work area as directed.
- Cleans trucks and drill rigs.
- Gets equipment together for that day’s and or future projects
- Follows safety procedures
- Other duties that may be assigned
Class C Driver License, with clean MVR. Applicants for this position are required to pass a drug screening test.
Must be able to work out of town when needed. Knowledge of construction practices in the foundation drilling industry is preferred.
Responsible for gathering any and all data required in preparing lump sum, unit rate and cost plus detailed estimates. Responsible for conceptual estimating, cost analysis, and estimate coordination. Duties include review of and development of discipline and multidiscipline material takeoffs (MTO), evaluation and/or development and evaluation of subcontract cost estimates and proposal.
- Reviews Request For Proposal (RFPs), Request to Bid or Request of Estimates.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to estimates.
- Compile a list of critical project requirements to accurately prepare summary estimating sheet for each project assigned.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation during bidding project process.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Work with staff prior to and on Bid Day to confirm all bids are submitted and all scopes have been confirmed for accuracy and coverage.
- Substantial experience in the use of computer software applications (including Microsoft Outlook, CAD, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and be experienced in the development and use of estimating tools, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to read plans to accurately estimate the cost of materials, labor, equipment, and subcontractor's work, ascertaining that all areas have been accounted for prior to submitting estimate for review.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity, loyalty and honesty; not divulge to outside parties information of a confidential nature pertaining to the company's operations or bids.
- Ability to carry out the duties described in the job description in an efficient manner.
Applicants for positions in this class are required to pass a drug screening test.
1 year min as Project Estimator/Manager within the foundation drilling industry. Candidate should possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to work closely with peers, external customers, and managers. Skills include the ability to read, interpret and comprehend engineering specifications, process design drawings (PFD’s, P&ID’s). Knowledge of foundation drilling equipment is preferred
Negotiable - depending on experience
Class A Driver with Lowboy trailer and or class B to haul construction equipment, steel cages, project supplies to various job sites in California. Drivers will be required to load and unload various types of drills and other related equipment that pertains to the foundation drilling industry.
- Transport, deliver and retrieve construction equipment
- Operate commercial vehicle in a safe and efficient manner within DOT guidelines
- Promote professionalism and excellent customer service attitude
- Perform pre and post vehicle inspection
- Ensure all delivery documents, are properly maintained during the workday and are available for inspection upon request by management
- Apply knowledge of driving and/or commercial driving skills in maneuvering at various speeds in difficult locations, heavy traffic, inclement weather, and mountainous terrain
- Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition, before, during, and after delivery trips
- Secure construction equipment and other equipment, by means of chaining, strapping, and blocking under the strict accordance and established procedures by Department of Transportation
- Maintain open communication for deliveries with office dispatcher
- Observe safety rules and regulations at customer job sites, and equipment yard facilities
- Report any accident involving driver or company equipment to Supervisor
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions, or any other problem relating to timely pickups or delivery of equipment
- Ensure proper paperwork & logs are maintained accurately
Class A or B Driver’s License, with clean MVR; Applicants for positions in this class are required to pass a drug screening test and be enrolled in the DMV pull notice program.
Minimum of 1 year Lowboy or class B driving experience. Knowledge of construction practices in the foundation drilling industry. Map reading knowledge, basic math, reading and writing preferred.
Negotiable based on experience
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Weld and fabricate structural steel as specified on blueprints
- Hard face/repair, build tooling
- Build/fix parts on drill rigs and heavy equipment
- Drive company vehicles with materials and/or equipment to specified job sites when necessary
- Labor for projects when needed
- Maintain a clean and tidy workspace
- Able to run 7018 proficiently
- Preferred: CDL Class A or B
- Preferred: Welding trade school/Certifications
Minimum of 5 years of running NR-232 .072 in any position and cutting torch welding